The Africa Film Academy, organizers of the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), invites entries for the 13th edition of the Awards, which is scheduled to hold in 2017.
By January 30th 2017, five (5) DVD copies of the entry, at least 2 production stills and a signed copy of the online submission form must be delivered to AMAA provided that they meet the outlined regulations. Submissions received after the above deadline will not be considered.
Entries must be submitted under the following regulations:
- All entries must be watermarked in a way that does not impair viewing during the screening process. Filmmakers submitting entries are advised not to use paper labels on DVDs as these prevent the DVDs from playing.
- Beyond credits, no entry may contain commercials or advertorials.
- All entries in languages other than English must be fully subtitled. This rule applies to “pidgin” English.
- The persons or entities submitting the film must attest that they are the copyright owner or submit a letter of consent to submission signed by the copyright owner. Filmmakers must sign the standard submission release form, establishing authority and consent.
- All shipping costs of the submitted materials must be borne by the sender. Please note that submitted materials will not be returned to the sender.
Following submission and consideration,
- AMAA will send an official acceptance email acknowledging receipt of each successful entry.
- AMAA reserves the right to transfer submissions to a master hard drive for a permanent AMAA digital library. However, AMAA will not screen or utilize submitted films for any commercial purposes without the express written consent of the appropriate right holder(s).
- AMAA reserves the right to use a 3-5 minute excerpt of a submitted film for promotional purposes
- The decision of the AMAA College and Board of Jurors on nominees and winners if FINAL. AMAA is not obliged to explain outcome of its jury decisions. A confirmation from directors and producers should be publicly solicited on the AMAA site and Facebook Page.
- The nominees for each category will be announced during the AMAA nomination event. Prior to the awards, AMAA will send each successful nominee an email advising on further requirements and next steps.